Here is some of the things I have been working on, besides my zelkova hoard.
1. Rose of sharon 'Minerva' about 10" tall(got last year for $4)
2. Weeping willow trunk is 3.5" across (cutting from daughters tree)
3. Weeping willow trunk is 1" across (end from above branch)
4. Silver maple "possible" forest planting (left overs from planting seeds in that storage bin lid)
5. Silver maple seedlings (grew from seed in the spring, all that is left from 400that came up, hail got most)
6. Arborvitae 3.5' tall (got from clearance for $2.50)
I have gotten a lot of new trees from a new home store that opened this year and didn't know they shouldn't water in the hot sun. They were burning the foilage and then putting them on clearance. For example I got 3 barberrys for $.50 each.
This message has attachments images. Please log in or register to see it.
Thanks, it is going to get pinched back hard and all the branches wired downward. I need to get it to backbud quite a bit, the lower branches are a bit too long. When I got the arborvitae close to half of the foilage was burned from watering in 100 degree direct sunlight. They are an interesting species, there roots feed specific branches and areas of the tree.