• Page:

TOPIC:

Book and Magazine Recommendations 10 years 6 months ago #9707

• sikadelic
  • sikadelic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 10
What books do you seasoned vets recommend? I know there are several geared toward beginner reading, however, I am preferably looking for a more in depth look at techniques and species descriptions. Bonsai Techniques I and II by John Naka are a dream for me and will require a bit of saving. What other books do you guys and gals find yourselves referring to frequently?

Also, are there monthly magazines for Bonsai? I have found a few but require annual subscriptions to Bonsai societies or clubs which are a bit out of my price range right now. Anything similar to other monthly publications you see on the newsstands?

Please forgive me if this is a repost. I used the search function but did not find anything aside from an old thread about a specific book.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Book and Magazine Recommendations 10 years 6 months ago #9708

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 850
As far as I know there are no monthly ones, Bonsai Focus is bi monthly. International Bonsai is quarterly. Both need subscription unles you have a dealer near who sell them.
The books you mention are the best, but there are plently more. Peter Adams and Peter Chan have both written several very good books.

Book and Magazine Recommendations 10 years 6 months ago #9710

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
just so you know there is not "one" book that will give you all the answers so read as many as you can.check your local library its much cheaper

Book and Magazine Recommendations 10 years 6 months ago #9719

• sikadelic
  • sikadelic's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 10

just so you know there is not "one" book that will give you all the answers so read as many as you can.check your local library its much cheaper

I have read several from my library. I was really surprised to see they had so many interesting books on the subject. I am interested in building my own personal library and wondered what everybody else liked.

• Page: