Something new....

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Something new.... was created by Xavier140

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #10113
So, upon searching for new items for my fish tank, an idea dawned upon me....
Bear with me however, before you start to think I'm cheap (though I do admit, I must live on a budget) consider this:

So i was searching for a new cave rock structure for my fish when I thought, Why not use these in bonsai?

Looking through some rocks and structures I found a stonehenge looking cave thing #1
as well as a piece of beautifully shaped simulated driftwood #2.

Then I got to wandering these and found some more...

I guess what I'm saying is, has anyone ever used aquarium decorations or know of whether or not it would be safe to use with a growing tree
by Xavier140

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Something new....

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #10115
If it is safe for fish then it will be safe for plants. If it looks suiyable then fine, I have bogwood which was originally in a tank which I now have accent plants on. I am not sure which is your stonehenge looking cave, stonehange is nothing like any of those, but yes it looks ok. Real driftwood is always going to look better than fake, though.
by m5eaygeoff

Replied by Xavier140 on topic Something new....

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #10117
Oh, oops! Just noticed that.. I had uploaded the wrong link... my bad!
by Xavier140

Something new.... - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Something new....

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #10118
link to what?
by m5eaygeoff

Replied by Xavier140 on topic Something new....

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #10122
I had posted and uploaded the wrong link for the first picture.. the link that was supposed to be the stonehenge looking thingy... I must've accidentally uploaded the wrong file.. Here's the one I meant:
by Xavier140

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Replied by manofthetrees on topic Something new....

Posted 10 years 5 months ago #10127
the only problem I forsee with using these for bonsai is finding trees with leaves small enough to make the scenes look believable ...I have run into this problem with many wonderful stones I have found
by manofthetrees