• Page:

TOPIC:

"how old are you?" 9 years 10 months ago #11217

• bob
  • bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
hello world, this post is to ask how old is your oldest tree and how long does it have left. i have a rather young chinese elm about 25 years old and i would say it has about 100 years left, i could be wrong though. i would be interested in how many years you have had your trees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"how old are you?" 9 years 10 months ago #11221

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
Interesting question, and I don't know the answer. Sometimes I am not sure they will come through the winter, and also summer if as happened to me when I was unable to water and the person who siad he would missed some. As for ages most I would be guessing. All I can really say is that I have a particular trees for X years. I still have two of the trees I started with, so they are 15 years older than when I bought them

"how old are you?" 9 years 10 months ago #11222

• bob
  • bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
cool, but also, i just wanted to say, if anyone has a yew tree, then you might want to teach your kin or a good friend how to care for it, as it is one of the most long lived trees in the world. you usually see them in churchyards and some of the trees date back to the foundations of the church itself. they are usually situated in churchyards as they are also religiously important.

• Page: