Bonsai forum

TOPIC:

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12547

• leatherback
  • leatherback's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Another one of my projects, a Juniperus Ittoigawa.

Last fall, for working on it:

After styling

Now, after letting it grow for a season:

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pieterbosch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12550

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 175
Man, you are one of the most experienced bonsaiers i know, even for a hobby, you are exellent at it. Daaaaaamn, i will not see a day when i shall muster such epicness as that from what i think as an opertune plant as i am alsmost blind at looking at opurtunities. Epic work ;) you really want me to faint dont you.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12552

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thx Bob,

I do not want you to faint. I want you to raise the bar for yourself. Decide how far you want to go. Join a club. It is all about experience. And NOPE, I am not near to being good at this stuff. Trust me. There is a whole busload of categories of good bejond where I am playing with sticks in pots. (For starters, Auk is much much more experienced. And I do not have what it take to to go pro at this point in time, and I do not think Auk is there either).
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12553

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes, now you have said that, i do see now. But considering the level that i am at (bit higher than beginner), i think you are brilliant, but as you you say there is a lot to learn with this. I will experiment with different plants and keep on learning as i go on this rather bumpy, fun and beautiful road. I will post a new thread on a plant i have. Thank you again for opening me mind further.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12555

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
This is also bonsai, but true higher level..:

That is the sort of trees that more experiences bonsai growers think of when they aspire to grow great bonsai. Most of us will never reach this level. So alway room to grow. (These are trees from the Noelanders Trophy exhibition)

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12557

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Go to my home and look at the walls of my bedroom and you will see bits of brain- my mind has been blown!! Now i definetely know what you talk about when you say experienced. I know a guy who had a privet and i think won the competition in 2011 or 2012, but he did this wonderful carved privet twin trunk, his name is graham w potter.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12559

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Man, you are one of the most experienced bonsaiers i know, even for a hobby, you are exellent at it.
Daaaaaamn, i will not see a day when i shall muster such epicness as that from what i think as an opertune plant as i am alsmost blind at looking at opurtunities. Epic work ;) you really want me to faint dont you.

You're a fanatic stubborn young boy (much younger then I thought...) and you 've already read a book ;)
The enormous advantage you have over me is a couple of decades more time.
If you continue to be awed by trees like this and persist in wanting to learn more, you surely can muster such 'epicness' eventually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bob

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12560

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

There is a whole busload of categories of good bejond where I am playing with sticks in pots. (For starters, Auk is much much more experienced. And I do not have what it take to to go pro at this point in time, and I do not think Auk is there either).

Indeed. My most imporant tree is my juniper - and there are days that I look at it and I'm not unhappy with it's progression.
However, it cannot measure up to trees from the big names in the bonsai-world. It's humbling - sometimes even discouraging - to visit an exhibition and see real masterpieces. Seeing my tree in that perspective, I'm certainly not there.

Talking about the Noelanders trophy... Not in 2 years, as predicted by someone 2 years ago... but who knows :)

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12562

• bob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thank you for your encoragement auk ;) you are definetely one of the top guys in my book along with LB ;) .

Juniperus 9 years 6 months ago #12572

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Talking about the Noelanders trophy... Not in 2 years, as predicted by someone 2 years ago... but who knows :)

For sure, that was not me!?

I am also still planning to get to Noelanders with one of my trees. e.t.a. .. ehm, ehm, 2020?