Expensive hobby

• Auk
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Expensive hobby was created by Auk

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #14838
So... I bought this boxwood some time ago, for just 10 euro's. Seems I drove a bit too fast when I picked it up. A few days ago I got the speeding ticket, making the total investment almost 5x as much.

So... I got this apple for free, a few months ago. I bought a nice new glazed pot for it today... and dropped it while I was repotting. 47,50 lost.

I'm a bit unhappy today.
by Auk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alpse
  • Thanks received: 3

Replied by Alpse on topic Expensive hobby

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #14841
Hello Auk,
I believe that you will have much more good moments. the secret is not to become disappointed after unlucky moments,then you will get the much better things to cover your costs,either financial or spiritual :)
by Alpse

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Expensive hobby

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #14846
I think the bonsai gods are after you. ;)

Meybe you have to be nicers to people with cuttings-in-a-pot :evil:

Still sucks though!
by leatherback

• alainleon1983
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 185

Replied by alainleon1983 on topic Expensive hobby

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #14879

Auk wrote: So... I bought this boxwood some time ago, for just 10 euro's. Seems I drove a bit too fast when I picked it up. A few days ago I got the speeding ticket, making the total investment almost 5x as much.

So... I got this apple for free, a few months ago. I bought a nice new glazed pot for it today... and dropped it while I was repotting. 47,50 lost.

I'm a bit unhappy today.

All I can say is that I'm sorry for you man. Luckily enough spring is almost here for real and the new life bursting in our trees might bring you some compensation. I know mines are a joy to watch nowadays ;)

Alain
by alainleon1983

• Auk
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Replied by Auk on topic Expensive hobby

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #14881

alainleon1983 wrote: All I can say is that I'm sorry for you man. Luckily enough spring is almost here for real and the new life bursting in our trees might bring you some compensation. I know mines are a joy to watch nowadays ;)

I'll get over it... it's not even so much the price, but the fact that I had to put that apple back into it's ugly plastic fake bonsai pot... while I was looking forward so much to seeing it in a real pot. Well, actually it's the price too. My wife being out of a job... I have a few days left at the end of my salary every month nowadays.

But yeah, spring! Checking my trees every day, multiple times per day even, to see what's going on. Not much really, yet, but it's nice to see that things are coming back to live.
by Auk