Bonsai forum

Juniper cuttings

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

Replied by simplysaid on topic Juniper cuttings

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26288
Ruth: you crack me up! A very nice look into a part of your brain that I'm sure you share with a lot of people who get into Bonsai, but choose not to post their thoughts, out of fear of being ridiculed. I appreciate the humor and honesty. I did my daily drive by a house in my neighborhood where a conifer sat. It had an incredible first branch, only 30" (76cm) tall, and was no doubt planted when the house was built in 1957. I daily looked at the tree and thought about it's possibilities as a Bonsai. Last weekend I noticed the house was being worked on. Then on my drive past the tree this morning, I noticed it was GONE! cut down and tossed in the garbage. I know it's just one old tree tat had potential, but it was sad to think that I didn't get a chance to save it. Not like a puppy or kitten, but as a lump of coal before it gets turned into a diamond.
Last Edit:7 years 6 months ago by simplysaid
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by simplysaid.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ruth
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 24

Replied by Ruth on topic Juniper cuttings

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26292
Oh my gosh....just kill me now. When I go to friends homes I scope out their yards on my very slow walk up to their front door. We visit and upon leaving I always add in...if you ever need to take out trees, please call me first. I'll do all the grunt work snd you won't have to hire anyone. I'm free as long as I get the tree. Hey I rhymed.
My mother in law has 100 acres in northern michigan. As long as it's not in the yard around the house she said I can take anything I want. The land 100 yrs ago was for farming but has since just sat. There is a river running through the back portion that has a lot of potential. Next time I am up to her house I will be scoping out the trees.
by Ruth

• Ruth
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 24

Replied by Ruth on topic Juniper cuttings

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26294
Thanks for the nice compliment by the way. When your as eccentric i am ya just embrace it and let it fly! My mama raised an independent girl!
by Ruth

• simplysaid
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 54

Replied by simplysaid on topic Juniper cuttings

Posted 7 years 6 months ago #26305
well being independent certainly has it qualities. I've even got my wife scoping out small trees where ever she goes! It's easy to get overwhelmed in this Art/Hobby. But as many people on here say, be patient. I plan to look back on my trees 10 years from now and smile.
by simplysaid