Bonsai forum

Hello

• PaleoDan
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Hello was created by PaleoDan

Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago #31075
Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just joined this Forum and am very new to the art of Bonsai. I love to garden both from a traditional sense as well as Hydroponics and Aquaponics. I have long admired Bonsai and decided to give it a try. Here are my first two trees that I worked on this past weekend. I am sure I have made some mistakes but that is typically how I learn best. :)
In addition to Bonsai and gardening, I love all things Jeep, Science, and Hunting/Fishing.
Looking forward to learning much on this site.
by PaleoDan

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Enaisio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 67

Replied by Enaisio on topic Hello

Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago #31076
Hey there, you've got 2 very young plants there I don't think they are quite ready for styling yet , they need to develop a better, thicker trunk . Making a bonsai takes a lot of time , not just to grow the tree but to learn what a bonsai should look like and the required techniques to reach that view and keep it alive in the meantime .
Have a look at a few websites, including this one( bonsai4me is also a very good site ), and see what you can make with an acer and a pine like the ones you have then learn how to do it , but as I said yours are very young plant and it will take them a long time to become good bonsai so in the meanwhile they grow find more suitable material that you can work with :)
by Enaisio

• PaleoDan
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by PaleoDan on topic Hello

Posted 7 years 3 weeks ago #31120
Thank you for the feedback - I will try to take a trip to my local garden center and see what they have available.
by PaleoDan