Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

New to Bonsai - Scarification and Stratification 6 years 2 months ago #36964

• jwood152003
  • jwood152003's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Bonsai are not often grown from seed (I think it's the 5th time I'm typing that this week...). It takes too long and for beginners, it is too hard.

Not saying you should not try and grow from seed.

That's what you implied though.

Please let people be excited about their newfound hobby. Everyone (beginners included) is free to do as they please. Who are you to judge. We have come here hoping to find a supportive and kind community, not embittered know-it-alls who harshly kill newcomers' enthusiasm. I apologize for the confrontation but I'm probably not the only person to think this. Thank you.

Thank you for the support :) It's much appreciated.

As far as giving up, I won't be. I understand that starting from seedlings is a very patient-demanding task. Which is why I can always buy a pre-grown bonsai and take care of it in conjunction with growing my seedlings, or I can keep reading about bonsais since I have years to learn.

Thank you all for the time in responding, regardless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New to Bonsai - Scarification and Stratification 1 year 6 months ago #78090

• Nyx3313
  • Thanks received: 0
Auk the backtracking here on your behalf is completely bull poopy. You were straight up rude and you know it. When i saw that this is not the only person you’ve done this with i was appalled. This is a bonsai website so what does it matter if someone who decides to grow the trees from seeds says bonsai or not? Bonsai tree is just a tree that will continuously grow and during this growth we have the ability to shape and also get a foreshadowing of what the tree will look like when it’s full grown. But it will take years before it makes it past the point of it being a cute miniature thing. Also anyone who buys bonsai tree seeds end up googling information about how to grow the so they end up knowing that the bonsai’s will continuously grow and have to be repotted again and again, also a running theme across the board is that advisement with bonsai’s is to end up planting them in the ground outside as well as them mentioning the fact that it will be a long while before you get to the point of being able to treat the tree like a bonsai. Also seems like you don’t know that Bonsai tree kits come with plenty of seeds to try multiple times and they advise just that. I hope the main point of this reply gets the point across though. Stop verbally attacking people on a BONSAI website because they use the word Bonsai and stop with the crap about people trying to grow a bonsai from a seed. Yes most people give up, but it’s typically because they can’t see to get a seed to sprout which isn’t a biggie, it’s why the suggestion is to sow multiple seeds at a time.

New to Bonsai - Scarification and Stratification 1 year 6 months ago #78091

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
...you do know that you are answering a topic that has been dead for 4 years...?

New to Bonsai - Scarification and Stratification 1 year 6 months ago #78093

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1326
Yea....And aimed at a user that has not been active for two and a half year :)

New to Bonsai - Scarification and Stratification 1 year 5 months ago #78123

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Great first post, really. ahum

• Page: