Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai Planting gone wrong 5 years 11 months ago #39754

• AbdulhamidBalo
  • AbdulhamidBalo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi everyone, I started planting my bonsai just over a month ago. Today I was curious to why they had no sprout at all. So I unpotted the first one which was the Delonix Regia and after some digging, I noticed that the seed had mould on it. The second pot had another Delonix Regia seed which had faced the same fate of the previous one, also mouldy. So I trashed those two and proceeded to unpot the last which had two seeds of Picea Abies. I noticed two separate cotyledons in the soil and I returned them back to the soil. My question is would the continue to grow normally, and if yes, would this event have detrimental effects on the future of the bonsai's growth and health?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai Planting gone wrong 5 years 11 months ago #39755

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
if seeds germinate and fall apart in the soil, then no, they wil not grow on. But if the seed just germinated.. That is fine.

Mould in itself does not mean the seed will not germinate. Most treeseeds will take a long time to germinate. Waiting a month is short (For juniper germination can take up to 2 years)
The following user(s) said Thank You: AbdulhamidBalo

Bonsai Planting gone wrong 5 years 11 months ago #39758

• spacewood
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 113
Just a note, you dont plant Bonsai. You grow and develop Bonsai once you have a ready tree that can take the journey. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AbdulhamidBalo

• Page: