Bonsai forum

My Juniper is turning yellow and brown

• Bonsai4kim
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

My Juniper is turning yellow and brown was created by Bonsai4kim

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #40021
Last month I bought, trimmed and potted two junipers. They have pretty much immediately turned yellow and brown. I thought it was because of the recent trimming and potting, but over the last month it has progressively gotten worse and worse. I’ve had it in full sun, then part sun. I’ve decreased the watering. I must it daily or every 2 days. I’ve fertilized it twice with small amounts of Miracle Grow and Thrive. I’m including pictures of both plants. I’m also including a picture of the back porch . There is a full sun portion and where they are sitting now is the shade/sun portion. I killed the last cascade I had very quickly as well.
by Bonsai4kim

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic My Juniper is turning yellow and brown

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #40043
Stop moving it about. full sun is the place. Sounds like you did not do a good job of re potting possibly too much roots removed. The fact that you managed to kill one should have been a warning, and next time you will leave the re potting until you know that the plant is healthy and growing.
by m5eaygeoff

• Bonsai4kim
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Bonsai4kim on topic My Juniper is turning yellow and brown

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #40055
Thanks for the advice. I’ll make sure it’s in more sun. I didn’t remove any roots and I left a little potting soil in it. However, yes, waiting to re pot is good advice. Thanks again.
by Bonsai4kim