Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40088

• Kitten69
  • Kitten69's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
From perfectly healthy to looking rather sad any ideas guys? Really don’t want to lose her

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40097

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
First off, realize you do not have a pice there. I would guess picea, but I am not the best when it comes to conifer identification.

Besides that.. My crystal ball stopped functioning just this weekend. So you will have to tell a bit more about the care you give it, where it sits etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kitten69

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40110

• Kitten69
Apologies as a novice I have no idea either,same position watering & feeding rountine since it arrived here last summer as with all the others due to previous owner being terminally ill.. the only thing I can maybe think caused it is the beast from the east weather we had this winter over here in the uk,it does have new growth so I am guessing it’s just a game of wait & see,as for your crystal ball well I have a people one but am pretty sure we would all love a bonsai one then we would never have any problems with them,problems equal learning & I have a lot to learn I know .. thanks leatherback & please excuse my lack of knowledge .. will attach the reply of possible identification from last year now I have actually found it agen

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40111

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Looking at the weeds in the soil I'd say it is not really being taken care of much. I'm guessing it has not been repotted in quite some time?

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40112

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

will attach the reply of possible identification from last year now I have actually found it agen

OMG... you didn't get the joke? Pinus Invisibilis... there was no picture attached to your question so it was not possible to identify it.
By the way, it was you who said it was a pine:

www.bonsaiempire.com/forum/general/10489-bonsai#36275

Last edit: Post by Auk.

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40119

• Kitten69
Haha well there deff was a picture of it when posted last year for identification.. thank you for the advice,as for weeding no as yet it’s not been done this year but will make that my priority & as for the repotting I wouldn’t know when it may have been done,the guy that passed away had about 70 Bonsai trees my dad has the majority of them but like myself we are novices in comparison to you all,it was a case of take them water & feed them or they would have been left to die & disposed of & that we just couldn’t let happen,they were what the guy himself called his kids! Very much loved & still are even with our limited knowledge

Poorly pine 5 years 11 months ago #40122

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Haha well there deff was a picture of it when posted last year for identification

No, there wasn't, as else I would have tried to identify it - and also, it would still have been there if it was attached.

it was a case of take them water & feed them

Continue to do that - easy on the fertilizer - and see if it recovers. Try to get the weed out - carefully. I'd probably wait with repotting until it is the right time.

• Page: