Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai Noob 5 years 11 months ago #40144

• Bonshan_Khan
  • Bonshan_Khan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello all, Just want to say that recently a passion for creating bonsai has been ignited in me.

Don't have any yet, but I have collected a bunch of different seedlings, mostly maple, and two cedar saplings(pictures included) out of a friends yard.

I've been reading up on how its done and have ingested a lot of info. Just wondering if any of you have any tips you wish you knew before you started bonsai?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai Noob 5 years 10 months ago #40153

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Bonsai are cut down from big trees
Growing from seed takes a lifetime
Go see a show of international level and have your world shocked.
Buy a trunk. Grow a bonsai.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonshan_Khan

Bonsai Noob 5 years 10 months ago #40162

• Bonshan_Khan
  • Bonshan_Khan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I'll have to check out a show, Seeing pictures of them online doesn't do them nearly as much justice as seeing them in person that's for sure.
I contemplated doing exactly as you suggest here, but I thought it would be more natural and fulfilling to grow some from seeds and seedlings I've plucked from the ground. But I know this is going to take a long time and will probably be lifetime projects I work on.
But I'll do as you say as well, It will be great practice I imagine for when my little trees are big enough for me to really start working on! Guess I'll have to hit up a nursery and try to find something I can bonsai!

Thanks again!
P.S. I like the site in your signature, Found it very informative and have it bookmarked now!

Bonsai Noob 5 years 10 months ago #40179

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236
I think it’s a good way to get more interested in Bonsai. :) For me all started from two germinated lemon seeds, followed by a bunch of reading, countless videos and now the trees keep coming in various forms. The deep love is always coming slowly... More you know, more you love..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonshan_Khan

Last edit: Post by Felidae.
  • Page: