Bonsai forum

Newbie Quesrion & Help on my Trident Maple Forest

• GinaMarie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Newbie Quesrion & Help on my Trident Maple Forest was created by GinaMarie

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #40452
I just got this Trident Maple Forst for my B-day about 2 weeks ago from my son’s the first that I received cane with the base all broken in pieces so they sent me a new and I had to re-pot the first, I used a Akadama mix soil it was doing well nothing apparent but I live in Yucaipa and for the last week it’s been non-stop light rain or drizzle so I have not watered them but three days ago I noticed these black spot all over the leafs and I don’t know what it is or even what to do to help my little trees? I keep them where they can get the morning sun for about 4 to 5 hours then it’s shaded. If someone could give me some guidance I would so appreciate it. Thank You !
by GinaMarie

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Replied by Clicio on topic Newbie Quesrion & Help on my Trident Maple Forest

Posted 5 years 11 months ago #40512

GinaMarie wrote: I noticed these black spot all over the leafs and I don’t know what it is

Gina Marie, welcome!
There is a link that can help you, I will post it below:
garden.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Maple_Tree_Diseases
But, to narrow down your search, it could be:

Phyllosticta

Like anthracnose, phyllosticta leaf spot (phyllosticta minima) is caused by a fungus.

Description: phyllosticta causes raised tan or dark brown leaf spots. The spots may turn dry and brittle and crumble away, leaving holes in the maple leaves.
How it spreads: As with anthracnose, the fungus that causes phyllosticta spends its winters hiding among the fallen leaves on the ground. It waits until the springtime, when damp conditions give it the opportunity to spread. Breezes carry the spores to new hosts.
Prevention: Rake up fallen leaves each autumn and discard them properly to prevent fungal diseases such as phyllosticta.
by Clicio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ricky73, Felidae

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.