Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bare rooted my ming aralia while repotting is there anything I can do? 5 years 9 months ago #41798

• halfslice
  • halfslice's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello
A few hours ago I repotted my ming aralia because the soil was broken down and retaining too much water. I researched repotting my plant a while ago so I just went ahead with repotting. Turns out, I made a mistake and washed away all of the dirt in the root ball before repotting. Now I'm concerned that my pant won't survive.
I was very careful to not damage any of the roots when removing the old soil. I gently packed the roots into a ball with some new potting soil and used Tiny Roots all purpose blend and filled the rest of the pot around the newly packed root ball. I started to feel unsure about the way and went about repotting my plant and did some research. I'm very concerned that my bonsai won't survive. Is there anything I can do to correct what I did or at least save the plant?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by halfslice.

Bare rooted my ming aralia while repotting is there anything I can do? 5 years 9 months ago #41800

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
For now, leave it alone. Give it some early morning sun. Let it tell you what is going on. It is really impossible for us to tell very much as we were not there when you did the work and have no pictures to see what you really did (I know you described the process, but I know you damaged the roots; there is no way to do what you did without damaging. WHich in itself is not reaslly a problem; Roots recover).

So.. Just care for it as you have been doing. Leave it in dappled sahde and/or morning sun. If in a week you do ot see signs of severe weakening, you should be fine.

Bare rooted my ming aralia while repotting is there anything I can do? 5 years 9 months ago #41806

• Samantha
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 151
ming aralia does it do flowers?

just a curiosity, why would it be a mistake, to rinse, all the soil from the root ball

Bare rooted my ming aralia while repotting is there anything I can do? 5 years 9 months ago #41811

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

just a curiosity, why would it be a mistake, to rinse, all the soil from the root ball

It depends on the species. Calliandras, for instance, hate barerooting and respond to it by...
Dying.

• Page: