Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Help my bonsai 5 years 9 months ago #42595

• Mzap
  • Mzap's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Looking for some help for my bonsai. I've read several different posts but none are really giving me an answer. I have been doing several things wrong with my bonsai after reading a bunch. He has been in a large pot with a lot of the trunk under dirt. I now know I need to get him a more shallow container.

I do think I have overwatered my bonsai. What I am confused about is what to do now. I don't think he has root rot but I have noticed white moldy looking patches on the dirt and trunk. Also, the leaves are drying and then falling off. I just want him to be healthy again. Any help is greatly appreciated.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help my bonsai 5 years 9 months ago #42596

• BumbleBee
  • Thanks received: 1
He looks good but I did see the white part you were talking about. I had something similar to this, and it turned out to be I believe the name was spider mites. I got a pestiside that treated that and other things. It says that after a heavy watering that this can happen and to spray this on it. The person at the garden center said to remove the spider mites and then do a fresh watering and then spray this once a week till no more growth of them. It worked for me and it was on my ivy and it looks just like a web on the leaves or trunk or the soil. I am not certain this is what you have but I'd suggest taking him to the garden center and they will or should be able to tell you what you have and what to do, ya know. Hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mzap

Help my bonsai 5 years 9 months ago #42604

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Although this is not aforum on houseplants, but on the art of growing bonsai, some suggestions. Your plant is dying. It is very weak which causes all sorts of insects to live of the juices in the leaves. You need to get this plant some light. This is a tropical tree species which should get as much light as possible. In summer outside. And after a few weeksof only early morning sun to get use to the light intensity, be moved to a spot with pretty muchfuull sun. Then you will get healthy energy levels in the plant. For now, treat against sucking nisects. Move it outside to half-shade, avoid the mid-day sun (So the 2 or 3 first hours of the day in the sun is fine, the rest of the day it should not be exposed to full sun).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mzap

• Page: