• Page:

TOPIC:

Broken branch 5 years 6 months ago #44830

• Ck2803
  • Ck2803's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi guys!

I’m new to this forum! :)
So I’ve had a bonsai wisteria for about 6 months now. My partner got me the wisteria as a birthday gift! So it’s special to me, and trying to take extra care of it! About 3 months ago, someone at home accidently broke my pot! So I had it rewired, repotted and taped to fix the broken branches that occurred. About 2 weeks ago I found one of the branches slanted to the side, it seemed a ball has hit it and it’s suffered the hit. I put it back up, but I’m worried the crack is severe. I did try to take off the wire and put it over the crack but I’m not strong enough haha I’ve attached photos, do you guys think I should get the crack taped or wired for it to heal? I also don’t want to tape it or wire it too much to block the space of growing. It is starting to blossom so I’m hoping that it’s good news, but I don’t want to get infected. What do you guys think?

Any help is appreciated!
Thankyou!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Ck2803.

Broken branch 5 years 6 months ago #44832

• Mimo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 927
Hi and welcome. Cut the wire off from the branch, gently open the crack and put superglue in. Once it dries out it should support it and the branch should be ok if the live veins haven´t been separated all around the branch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: