Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Tree of a thousand stars 5 years 6 months ago #44866

• Bishop522
  • Bishop522's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I have purchased a snow rose(tree of a thousand stars) it has already dropped the flowers so I began the wiring process. After going over board on the wiring and pruning (in my opinion). I am concerned as the tree does not show much growth. Some of the leaves have turned yellow and fallen. I have read online that this is normal in most cases. Also have a few leaves turning brown just on the tips. I am hoping for any advice I can get. As this is a beautiful little tree i would like to hold onto. Unfortunately i may have already made too many mistakes to save it. It's currently still sitting in a growers pot with the soil that I bought it in. Approximately 2yrs old according to the nursery. I have purchased a new pot but now I'm afraid to report it at is it already shows signs of high stress. Currently being grown inside sitting in a west facing window seal. Recieving water when I can detect the top dirt as being almost dry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tree of a thousand stars 5 years 6 months ago #44867

• m5eaygeoff
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 854
You may be lucky and you have not killed it. Take the wire off it is not doing any good. and it is not done correctly. you have pruned much too much with a species that is difficult to grow at the best of times

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: