Bonsai forum

Leaves falling from Ginseng Ficus bonsai

• blurben
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Leaves falling from Ginseng Ficus bonsai was created by blurben

Posted 5 years 6 months ago #45098
Hi, could someone help me please? Today, I noticed that the leaves are falling and I don't know what's causing that. I just bought a ficus ginseng 2 days ago and watered it on the first day and the soil is still moist right now. I'm currently following the guy's advice to water it every 3 days. Any advice on what's wrong and how to save this?

More info: I don't know if I'm watering enough, I've not started misting the bonsai, it's placed in an area with suitable and relatively constant temperature, and it's placed under a sky roof (sunlight comes in from the roof through the 'window'), however I think it's still getting less sunlight than it used to. I also noticed that there are these small bugs (small ant-sized) crawling on the roots and in the soil. The soil is currently still moist, but the moss that's growing around the bonsai seems to be a bit dryer than from when I bought it.
Last Edit:5 years 6 months ago by blurben
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by blurben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Leaves falling from Ginseng Ficus bonsai

Posted 5 years 6 months ago #45122
If it is losing leaves then I would take it back. As for watering every three days, that is wrong. Watering is done when needed NOT to a schedule.
by m5eaygeoff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.