Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Is my Chinese elm dead 5 years 4 months ago #45840

• JacksBonsai
  • JacksBonsai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thanks for your reply! During the summer I’ll have it in my mums garden for a bit as she isn’t far away and will be in my office during the winter! I’ll give it a good go and let you know how it goes! Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is my Chinese elm dead 5 years 4 months ago #45841

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791
Come for advice and then ignore it... OK, we will see you later, when you come back and ask why the new leaves stay small, shrivel up and die.

Is my Chinese elm dead 5 years 4 months ago #45842

• JacksBonsai
  • JacksBonsai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi auk. I’ve taken the advice of everyone on board. I haven’t however bought the tree to stay in someone elses garden the entire time. That would be classed as a gift. I’m going to do my best to keep it healthy in my flat and give
It a few months outside if I can. However your attitude makes it VERY hard to see u as a source of knowledge rather a source of bitterness and scepticism.

Thanks for the advice everyone. And thank you for ur input auk however I’m going to try and keep my tree rather than throw it away. Hopefully I can keep it healthy indoors as do 1000’s of other Chinese elm owners. I’ll repeat. I live in a flat so cannot keep outside permanently

Lee

Is my Chinese elm dead 5 years 4 months ago #45852

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

Hi auk. I’ve taken the advice of everyone on board. I haven’t however bought the tree to stay in someone elses garden the entire time.

Trees belong outdoors. If you want something indoors, get a houseplant.

Stay long enough on this forum, use the search function and search for elms, Find how many posts are from new people, keeping their dying elms indoors and you will understand the scepticism.

Problem is that you want us to tell you what you want to hear and that the plant can be kept indoors. Sorry, I'm not going to tell you something that''s not true.

Chances are that the tree will come back and live. But it will not thrive. For bonsai, to be able to work on them, you need trees in excellent condition.

Last edit: Post by Auk.
  • Page: