Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Help - bark stripped off jade bonsai 5 years 3 months ago #46185

• Qzpoll
  • Qzpoll's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I received a beautiful jade bonsai as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, as it spent Christmas Eve in hiding in the garage, some kind of rodent took a liking to the bark and stripped it off nearly all the way around the base of the tree. I’m hoping there’s some way to save the tree. I’ve attached a photo of the full plant, and another closer up to show the damage. Would it be possible to cut off the larger branch above the damage and root it? Any other ideas on how to proceed?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help - bark stripped off jade bonsai 5 years 3 months ago #46188

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

I received a beautiful jade bonsai as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately, as it spent Christmas Eve in hiding in the garage, some kind of rodent took a liking to the bark and stripped it off nearly all the way around the base of the tree. I’m hoping there’s some way to save the tree. I’ve attached a photo of the full plant, and another closer up to show the damage. Would it be possible to cut off the larger branch above the damage and root it? Any other ideas on how to proceed?

That's a jade plant, but it's not a bonsai.

It will die. Only option you have is to try and take cuttings. That should be easy, jade tries grow easily from cuttings.
Look up how to do that, should be easy to find. You don't need bonsai techniques for this.

Here's one link (but I suggest looking up some more sites):
www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/jad...ting-jade-plants.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: