Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Ginseng Ficus, I think? 5 years 2 months ago #46656

• YouDoneTreedMe
  • YouDoneTreedMe's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you for sending me those links, I really enjoyed reading through your experience with this ficus. I am in an area that generally rests at about 95% humidity 11 months out of the year, but no, its not quite the tropics.

You make a good point, I won't be reaping any satisfying rewards with this tree for a while. I would still like the challenge of developing it into a real bonsai, but I think I will look into other, faster growing subjects.

I have seen some cases of Albizia julibrissin or mimosa being used for bonsai. I have several of these growing on my property and can attest to how quickly they spring up and grow(whether you want them to or not). I have been considering potting one of the saplings in my yard and seeing what I can do with it, I believe they should be in a dormant stage right now. At the very least I know its something that grows extremely well in my region.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by YouDoneTreedMe.

Ginseng Ficus, I think? 5 years 2 months ago #46657

• Franky
  • Thanks received: 14
I would suggest that the tree is not receiving sufficient light as well. The leaves are quite oversized, which is indicative of this problem. I have a ficus and it went through a similar stage of few leaves (and massive ones at that). It now has many more and I’ve noticed the leaf size reducing slightly.

Perhaps try and give it more light, maybe even grow lights?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: