Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

My tree dropped all of its leaves except for one 5 years 3 months ago #46403

• adrianasofia
  • adrianasofia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello!

My name is Adriana Sofia and I know nothing about plants. About a month ago I bought a bonsai tree. I’m even sure what species it is I’ve attached a picture when I first got it.

After a few weeks the leaves started turning brown and shrivelled up. And I don’t know why!

However there’s only one leaf left that seems healthy and green. I started reading up about bonsais and I read that if you scrape the bark and if it’s green then the tree is still alive. And I scraped the bark and it’s green.

I don’t know if my tree will survive with only one leaf. I also repotted it to a bigger pot in hopes that it would recover. As of now it doesn’t seem like any new leaves will grow. Can someone give me any advice or tips?

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My tree dropped all of its leaves except for one 5 years 3 months ago #46405

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
You have a chinese pepper tree.

Take a look here: www.bonsaiempire.com/tree-species/chinese-pepper

I find keeping trees indoors is a rough excersize. SO if you want to grow bonsai, it is better to use species that fit your climatic zone.
Leave dropping can mean anything from watering mistakes, dry air to insects. Probably it is transition shock; Plants do not like to be moved from one environment to another. Follow the care instructions from above. It will take a few weeks before you can safely judge whether it imrpoves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: adrianasofia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: