Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Help needed!! White spots on soil 5 years 1 week ago #47778

• Harmoon
  • Harmoon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi I purchased one of those starter sets last month. I have planted the seeds and they have begun to grow. I noticed yesterday that in one of the pots there is white spots on the soil. I am panicking because I don't even know if I can repot them yet as they are so small. I know the pots they provide in these sets are rubbish but don't know what to do. Any help is much appreciated. Please see picture which shows the issue.

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Help needed!! White spots on soil 5 years 1 week ago #47779

• Bunsen33
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 43
If the whiteness does not look fuzzy and you are watering with tap water it is probably mineral deposits from the water, especially if you have 'hard water' (your water has a higher mineral content). If this is what it going on it is not problematic. If it bugs you you can water with distilled or collected rain water.

Help needed!! White spots on soil 5 years 6 days ago #47816

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Hm.. From your pictures I cannot tell what it would be. As such, I then look at the plants.They look happy and healthy. SO continue what you are doing. It looks like you got things worked out fine.

If you have enough plants you realize that stuff happens in pots, and you stop worrying as long as the plants are OK :)

Help needed!! White spots on soil 5 years 6 days ago #47826

• Harmoon
  • Harmoon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you for your replies they are very reassuring and has stopped my from stressing out. It's crazy how you become attached to these little things. Thanks again really appreciate the advice

• Page: