Bonsai forum

Question about my Juniper

• nathan33
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Question about my Juniper was created by nathan33

Posted 5 years 1 week ago #48525
I have a juniper I acquired this winter. I live in Utah and it's between 55-68 F for the last couple weeks with quite a bit of rain. I water him every other day and he's potted in the conifer blend from Tinyroots. He sits on my porch which is west facing. The tip has been slight brown all winter (he hung out in my garage all winter which is between 38-50 F) but seems to have gotten a little more brown. I'm new to bonsai and would like to get some advice on this guy. Other than the tip the rest of the tree looks healthy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
by nathan33

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Question about my Juniper

Posted 5 years 1 week ago #48529
Junipers change color in winter. Some species may look dead in cold weather. Are you sure the tip is getting browner, and not the resyt of the plant more vibrantly green? It can just be mottled color workjing from winter to spring. But keep an close eye on it. It should get more color over the next weeks
by leatherback

• nathan33
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by nathan33 on topic Question about my Juniper

Posted 5 years 1 week ago #48536
It may be that the rest of the tree is getting greener. It seems like this area is dry and brittle vs the rest of the tree. I'll keep an eye on it, the weather this spring has been questionable. Utah doesn't know if it wants winter or summer yet.
by nathan33