Bonsai forum

Brand New To Azelae Bonsai Trees!

• exclamationmeeseeks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

Brand New To Azelae Bonsai Trees! was created by exclamationmeeseeks

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50835

I just received an Azelae Bonsai tree as a gift from a friend and I am in desperate need of help!!! My mom has a green thumb for DAYS but I cant grow mold in the worst basement!

I love plants and nature and would absolutely dedicate the time to read and or discuss with someone how to properly care for my azelae bonsai!

This litle guy is in a 4inch wide x 6inch long x 3 inch tall and the soil is rocky and was very dry.

I read the tiny instructional guide from start to finish and it basically said, get a book. I have been googling different questions and care instructions and every google search returned this site. I have reviewed this site but am just not finding the specific answers to my questions.

Here are my basic questions:

1 - What should I know, because what I think I should know, is probably not what I should be asking.

2 - What type of water should I be watering my future buff guy? I was thinking distilled? Spring? Baby water? I keep reading acid soil is good and tap water is not the best necessarily but that does not tell me what I should buy necessarily.

3 - Is the current soil OK for the plant to make it to next spring? I read I should not even think about replanting this puppy until spring, we are in full blown summer where I live (a very rainy summer) and I just received the plant 4 days ago.

4 - Where do I put my Bonsai? Do I keep it indoors? Outdoors? I read that an azelae bonsai should be in the morning sun and into the noon time but once in direct sun it should be moved out of the direct line. What about the atmosphere? I do not have central air and I also live in a log cabin so my climate is hard to control. If it is super hot outside I close up all my doors and windows and leave it all closed up while I am at work (normally for 16-18 hours) if it is going to be 73 or lower I will leave all my doors and windows open during that time.

5 - The plants branches are maybe 2 1/2 - 3 inches with dark green leaves on them and the branches look freshly snipped. Is there any care needs I should complete based on this descriptions?
by exclamationmeeseeks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654

Replied by leatherback on topic Brand New To Azelae Bonsai Trees!

Posted 4 years 10 months ago #50837
Hi,

Please help us, help you and post some pictures. All trees have different care needs. That being sain.. None like rock hard dry soil, and non like to be in doors. So water it well (Just use tap water) and put it outside in a place where it does not receive full sunlight for the time being.
by leatherback

• exclamationmeeseeks
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

Replied by exclamationmeeseeks on topic Brand New To Azelae Bonsai Trees!

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #50956
I am sorry I thought for sure I posted the pictures! Here he is! :blink: :blink:
by exclamationmeeseeks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.