Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

URGENT HELP! MY JAPANESE MAPLE BONSAI IS QUICKLY DYING! 4 years 8 months ago #51456

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 600
An important note - trees are not people. What is uncomfortable for one is not uncomfortable for the other.

I has been up to 90-95 F almost every day here since late May. The trees are outside, and I spend an hour or so most days pinching back because they just won't stop putting out new growth. I also water them every single day, and I may water them twice when it starts getting real hot.

For trees that evolved in an area with heat like this, heat doesn't kill them - what kills them is no water. There just isn't any way around that.

BTW, last week it was 113 F in Paris. That is real hot. I would probably put the trees in some kind of shade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Opitimusprm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

URGENT HELP! MY JAPANESE MAPLE BONSAI IS QUICKLY DYING! 4 years 8 months ago #51544

• Shephered
  • Thanks received: 13

90 degrees is enough to cook any plant. So I will assume thisis the reason. I do not, however, know of any place that that gets this hot. I think there is a mistake here.

I live in the east coast united states and it has been well over 90 degrees Fareinheight for most of the summer. I'm sure you're thinking in terms of celsius, as you are right, that would be astronomically warm. Odds are OP is from the States.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Shephered.
  • Page: