Bonsai forum

Artificial light

• Erik123
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Artificial light was created by Erik123

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51459
I have a Carmona Retusa and saw its not the best bonsai for a beginner (the seller said it can grow in shade and did not tel me the species). I want to keep it in my room because my house has lots of trees. So im planning on using artificial lights. How much would a Carmona Retusa need?
And will it be fine if I spray the Carmona Retusa with a spray bottle for humidity? Humidity is low here.
by Erik123

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Replied by Clicio on topic Artificial light

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51460

Erik123 wrote: I have a Carmona Retusa. I want to keep it in my room ...

Welcome, but...
Wrong beginning.
Ehretia microphylla, synonym Carmona retusa, also known as the Fukien tea tree or Philippine tea tree, NEEDS to be outdoors or at least getting some hours of direct sun every day. It also needs fresh air, humidity (a spray bottle will not be suficient), and adequate fertiliser.
Don't be frustrated by my response, but trees do not belong inside. It could be grown inside with proper grow lights if they are very close to the tree and on for 14hours/day. But still you have to deal with the humidity factor. It will be more frustrating if it dies even with these cares.
Please take a look here:
www.bonsaiempire.com/tree-species/carmona
by Clicio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hansen

• Erik123
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by Erik123 on topic Artificial light

Posted 4 years 9 months ago #51461
Theres lower humidity outside than inside. It gets a hour of sun from the window. The artificial lights have a timer set for 14 hours with LED's with 6500k (1480 Lumen). What fertilizer should I use? How does fertilizing work? Don't blame me, the seller gave me a bonsai and said it would be fine inside with low humidity and low light. :-(
by Erik123