Bonsai forum

Checkout

Black Spots On Leaves Please Help! Guidance/help would be appreciated Thanks!

• Daniel_Edie
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Black Spots On Leaves Please Help! Guidance/help would be appreciated Thanks! was created by Daniel_Edie

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #58834
Hi All,

I was gifted a bonsai growing starter kit. I planted the seeds and they first emerged from the soil on 15/01/2020.

Everything seemed fine, I have been watering them and giving them nutrients once a week. The eldest bonsais pot is very mouldy and the leaves have started developing some black dots, could anyone advise me on what to do please?

Also could anyone help me identify the bonsai, the box of the starter pack I was gifted is in my desk at work which I cannot get to at the moment due to the lockdown.

I water the Bonsais everyday (I do not drown them in water but I give them enough so the soil is not dry).

Could anyone also recommend a pot to transfer my eldest bonsai to once it gets a bit bigger?
by Daniel_Edie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cobra
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 26

Replied by Cobra on topic Black Spots On Leaves Please Help! Guidance/help would be appreciated Thanks!

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #58835
Could you upload some pictures
by Cobra

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855

Replied by m5eaygeoff on topic Black Spots On Leaves Please Help! Guidance/help would be appreciated Thanks!

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #58838
What you had is tree seeds not bonsai. It sounds as if you are not watering correctly, that is too much or too often. Once seedlings are big enough to handle they should be re potted into individual pots, and placed outside in a sheltered spot. Any good soil mix will do as long as it drains. Stop the fertiliser that is far too much for such tiny seedlings. Watering every day is far too much unless it is drying out.
by m5eaygeoff

• Daniel_Edie
  • Offline Topic Author

Replied by Daniel_Edie on topic Black Spots On Leaves Please Help! Guidance/help would be appreciated Thanks!

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #58921
Pictures attached, thank you.
by Daniel_Edie

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Daniel_Edie
  • Offline Topic Author

Replied by Daniel_Edie on topic Black Spots On Leaves Please Help! Guidance/help would be appreciated Thanks!

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #58922
Thank you for your help, pictures attached for reference, I currently have them on a inside window seal, do you recommend me putting them outside then. When you say sheltered do you mean covered from the sun?
by Daniel_Edie

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.