Bonsai forum

Withered leaves and branches. Is it possible to get my tree back vibrant?Andhow?

• TheTraveller0203
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 3

Withered leaves and branches. Is it possible to get my tree back vibrant?Andhow? was created by TheTraveller0203

Posted 3 years 11 months ago #58928
Hello. I have this Acer Palmatum for two months. Some weeks ago my family an I moved temporarily to the south of Portugal where a storm and lots of rain passed here and I accidentally overwatered the tree. (Here the temperatures are also around 30ºC, I don't know if this is a big impact on the tree since it doesn't get direct light; this was also the reason why I thought I should water a bit more). Now the leaves and the branches are a bit withered comparing a few weeks ago due to the overwater I think. The leaves are also more yellowish. So here are my questions :

1 - Some websites say to stop using fertilizer in bonsai after overwatering. I haven't feed the tree in about 3 weeks. Should I continue not to use fertilizer? Or since 3 weeks have passed I must use the fertilizer in order to replace nutrients in the soil?

2 - When I bought this bonsai at the store, the worker there said that this maple could only get direct light in the early hours of the morning. Should I leave 3 hours of direct sunlight? Or should I prevent the tree from getting direct light?

3 - And how can I get my tree back vibrant and with green leaves? What should I do?

(these photos are from a week ago so I no longer have those algae in the soil)

I hope you guys can help me I would really appreciated it. Thanks in advance!
by TheTraveller0203

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.