Bonsai forum

My Fukien tree arrived in bad shape!

• BonsaiBerto
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

My Fukien tree arrived in bad shape! was created by BonsaiBerto

Posted 3 years 3 months ago #64910
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here. I’m completely new to all of this so I need some advice.

I was gifted a Fukien Tea tree over Christmas. I live in Idaho. The company who shipped it failed to let me know that Fukien Trees don’t ship well in cold climates. They let me know this after the fact.

The tree froze in transit and arrived in pretty bad shape. All the leaves had fallen off and the trunk and branches were dark and they didn’t seem as though they should look like that.

Since then I’ve been trying to give it sunlight and water it normally. I scraped a tiny bit of the bark to see underneath and it was green. So I think that’s a good sign.

Is there anything else I should be doing? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
by BonsaiBerto

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1359

Replied by Tropfrog on topic My Fukien tree arrived in bad shape!

Posted 3 years 3 months ago #64915
I would tell the company that sold it to replace it without cost when the frost is over. Possibly with another species. Tropical trees are not really good beginners trees, even advanced hobbyists have problem with fukiens. This time of the year there are a lot of threads in this forum from beginners about dieing fukiens.
Last Edit:3 years 3 months ago by Tropfrog
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Tropfrog.

• BonsaiBerto
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Replied by BonsaiBerto on topic My Fukien tree arrived in bad shape!

Posted 3 years 3 months ago #64918
Luckily they gave me a gift certificate for a the full price of the tree. So I’ll definitely be getting something easier for my skill level.
by BonsaiBerto