Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Sageretia Theezans 2 years 10 months ago #68535

• JNCD
  • JNCD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello everyone,

I'm writting this post because I'm in need of some advice regarding my bonsai.
I've received a Sageretia Theezans last August. It was my first ever bonsai so promptly started to read everything I needed in order to take good care of my new companion. I prunned it, found a good place by a window, with 2-3 hours of solar exposure (not during the midday sun), I was always cautious about watering, never letting the soil dry completly or get too damp, applied liquid fertilizer every 15 days during summer and early autumn and once a month during late autumn and winter (N/P/K-4/3/4). Everything was going perfectly, my bonsai was growing new leaves and new branches,
I was starting to shape it in a different way (although I did notice that the leafs started growing a bit bigger than the previous ones).

This was until last month (April), when some leaves started to get a bit brown. At first I thought it was due to excessive solar exposure, but things did not change when I putted it in a different place. Then, the leaves started to look gloomy, turning downwards, like they did not have strength, which led me to think it was watering problems (even though I've been always really careful with watering). In no time, the leaves started do turn dry, curly and fall, and even the branches that were strating to grow looked dry at their endings and realy weak (some of them werent even capable of standing straight with the leaves weight). At this point, I was starting to think that it might be a root problem, so I decided to take a look to see if the roots were rotting. That was not the case. There is no problem with the soil, the water has always been able to pass through without it getting too damp. There are still some new leaves growing, but it is clear that the bonsai is starting to look like dying. I've attached two pictures, one from when I did my first prunning and one from today.

I would be eternaly grateful if anyone could help me save my dear bonsai. Thanks for reading this post!

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sageretia Theezans 2 years 10 months ago #68556

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1326
If it is not too late the tree will pick up growth again as soon as frost risk is over and the tree is back outside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JNCD

Sageretia Theezans 2 years 10 months ago #68565

• JNCD
  • JNCD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Thank you for the message, but it is an indoor bonsai.

Sageretia Theezans 2 years 10 months ago #68569

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1326
Then that is the problem. Bonsai dies in living room conditions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JNCD

• Page: