Bonsai forum

Sunlight for a juniper? BEGINNER :(

• ALEGX
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0

Sunlight for a juniper? BEGINNER :( was created by ALEGX

Posted 2 years 7 months ago #72265
Hi! I just got my first pre-bonsai (a Juniper Procumbens) as a gift, so it's a little wonky baby still. I've been doing some online research about care and the biggest thing I keep seeing is sunlight. I keep seeing that is an outdoor plant that needs plently of sun but my question is, can it survive indoors?

I have a very sunny spot in a room for all of my plants, right in front of a window that remains open year-round, so it would get plenty of morning sun and very regular afternoon shade :) it's well-ventilated too, since it is literally right in front of the window and I never close it. I have birds as well, so I make a point to always keep the window open to avoid any smells. I'm just wondering if that would be enough? I do not have a good enough outdoor area to keep the plant yet :(
by ALEGX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487

Replied by lucR on topic Sunlight for a juniper? BEGINNER :(

Posted 2 years 7 months ago #72267
No
This forum is filled with people trying to keep trees indoor. Especially coniferous species ( junipers ) can’t stand being inside. I am here 7 years and have never seen anybody that managed to keep a juniper alive inside.
by lucR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.