Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Ginseng ficus yellow leaves - this time with brown spots? 2 years 7 months ago #72356

• flyingfishfinger
  • flyingfishfinger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi all-
Same tree, same problem... maybe. My dear ginseng ficus has not been having a good year. I posted about this a few months ago (fertilized & watered and gave light according to suggestions at the time to no avail), but I feel like now I have a new symptom that wasn't happening before.

The tree lives on my desk and gets plenty of (indoor) light, but its leaves are continuing to yellow and drop. The difference this time is that they seem to have brown patches / edges to them, as in the attached photos.

It did move a few times over the past 6 months due to my relocating, but now it's been placed in what I hope is a good spot and I don't intend to move it.

The tree also seems to have skipped the new leaf growing season entirely for the past 1.5 years, but it IS growing roots.

Are the brown spots indicative of something specific?

Thanks,
R

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by flyingfishfinger.

Ginseng ficus yellow leaves - this time with brown spots? 2 years 7 months ago #72368

• Albas
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 291
Hey.
Could be many things, fertilizer burn (too much fert.), root rot, lack of sunlight... Or a sum.
If you can't put it outside, can you place it next to a window?

thepracticalplanter.com/when-plant-leaves-turn-yellow/

And yes, some plants can survive indoors, but thrive is whole new ball game.

Ginseng ficus yellow leaves - this time with brown spots? 2 years 7 months ago #72371

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
looks like a watering issue to me. Probably you water too little and/or let the rootball dry out too much between watering.

Ginseng ficus yellow leaves - this time with brown spots? 2 years 7 months ago #72372

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1351
Most common for bonsai kept indoors is too little water in each watering. Its just not possible to water in the correct way without making a mess. If you dont move the tree to a sink and your floor is dry after watering, you are not watering enogh.

• Page: