Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Fukien tea tips of leaves turning black and falling off 2 years 6 months ago #72858

• Jeisen32
  • Jeisen32's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
The tips of some.of the leaves are turning black, and I noticed a couple of the leaves had tiny black spots. Whatever I trimm turns black after words, it has new growth also coming in but I'm sure something has to be up with it. It's my 2nd bonsai it's a Fukien tea. Please any and all advice, tip, care and help will be gratefully accepted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fukien tea tips of leaves turning black and falling off 2 years 6 months ago #72863

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1352
A quick search on the forum will show you that this question has been asked hundreds of times. Fukiens is very sensitive to temperature/ light balance and humidity. Most people proboably fails, at least nobody comes back with a success story.

Experienced bonsai artists stay away from this species. Just get a tree better adapted to your growing conditions.

Fukien tea tips of leaves turning black and falling off 2 years 6 months ago #72864

• Jeisen32
  • Jeisen32's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I've read that on not just this site, but multiple others, and it might die, but I can't just give up on it, or not try and do everything I can, it has almost just as many new leaves growing in as that are dying, and I know the roots are very healthy, I just think if I can find out the issue before it goes to.the roots it has a fighting chance. Just out of curiosity which species would you recommend to someone starting out?

Fukien tea tips of leaves turning black and falling off 2 years 6 months ago #72865

• lucR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 487
Any species that grows in your local forest. Keep it outside where it belongs and you will have no problems.
There is no such thing as an indoor tree.

Fukien tea tips of leaves turning black and falling off 2 years 6 months ago #72867

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 853
Does not help not seeing the plant. All above I concur,

• Page: