Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79257

• Didistation
  • Didistation's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello,

I live in north California. The temperature are between 50 to 72 most of the time year round. I place my Sageretia by the morning facing South.
I get the sun in the morning but I realized that the sun through the window has a loupe and I'm afraid it might burn the leaves. Outside temperature is 55 degrees.
That sun through the window can make a candle melt a little.

Should I leave it at the window or should place it 3-4 feet away?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79258

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
Why is it inside? The temperature is high enough and environment much better out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tropfrog

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79276

• Didistation
It could get in the 40s early morning when I leave for work. The lady at the Bonsai shop told me they are indoor plants. They like warm temperature.

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79278

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1357
This is an international forum. f you really want to use an old fashion temperature scale only used by a few countries in the world plese state the unit used. 40 degrees would Cook most trees if used the international unit of measurement.

Anyway..... sageretia is hardy to usda zone 9b. I guess you are in a zone higher than that. Keep your tree outdoors!

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79285

• Ivan Mann
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 603

This is an international forum. f you really want to use an old fashion temperature scale only used by a few countries in the world plese state the unit used. 40 degrees would Cook most trees if used the international unit of measurement.

When I signed up on Bobsaiempire I missed the notice that must have been in pretty large letters that we would be flamed for not using metric. It doesn't seem to unreasonable to use English units when writing in English.

In most programming courses the first program is to convert F to C, or C to F. C =5(F-32)/9. 40F is about 4C, too cold for tropicals but just fine for winter dormancy for most trees.

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79290

• Tropfrog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1357
You totally missed the intention here. I never said it is wrong to use Fahrenheit. Just that it is not the international standard. Fine with me to use Fahrenheit or kelvin for that matter. My point was if you use a non international standard, please state which one to avoid misunderstandings.

Units of measurements is in no way connected to languages. The only english speaking country in the world that use Fahrenheit is USA. England, Australia and Canada does not.

Your tree should be outdoors all year, there are no reason to bring it indoors in your climate.

Bonsai too hot by the window 1 year 2 months ago #79293

• Didistation
Sorry for presuming the site follows the Fahrenheit system. I live in San Francisco for 20 years and lost the habit of using the Celsius scale.

Thank you for the advise, I'll keep my little sageretia outside!

• Page: