Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

JADES ARE NO SO EASY!! 12 years 9 months ago #302

• Jade
  • Jade's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
I HAVE A MINATURE JADE THAT WAS GIVEN TO ME IN BAD SHAPE. THE LEAVES ARE FALLING OFF BUT LOOK HEALTHY. IT IS GROWING NEW EXTENSIONS WITH NEW LEAVES BUT THE HEALTHY LEAVES FURTHER DOWN ON THE BRANCHES ARE FALLING. I CHECKED THE ROOT SYSTEM AND THERE IS NO ROT SO I DECIDED TO REPOT IT. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME AN IDEA WHY THIS PLANT IS LOOSING HEALTHY LEAVES. MAYBE NOT ENOUGH WATER?:woohoo:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: JADES ARE NO SO EASY!! 12 years 9 months ago #303

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
howdy Jade,
it most likely is too much water.I beilieve the leaves are how they reproduce so your tree thinks it is a time of high moisture which would allow the leaves to root and sustain themselves before it gets dry again. If you weren't watering enough the leaves would srivel up before they fell off.jades are very drought tolerant so they should be in a very fast draining pebblely soil and sould be fine with a once a month watering... if the leaves start to get wrinkly then increase the watering cycle.
best of luck

Re: JADES ARE NO SO EASY!! 12 years 9 months ago #403

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45
I have the same with my jade, I think it has something to do with the old of the leaves. With my jade all the oldest leaves fall off and he's getting new leaves and the leaves under falls off etc.

I think you shouldn't worry about that when he don't drop too much leaves :)

Re: JADES ARE NO SO EASY!! 12 years 9 months ago #408

• Jade
  • Jade's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
You know, I thought the same thing but mine is really awful it looks like a Charlie Brown tree. I'll try to get a a picture posted so you can see what I mean. As of today, it has been about 3 weeks since I watered it; it's in a very nice spot also. My other Jade is doing fine, go figure!!

• Page: