Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3090

• chrisscha
  • chrisscha's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
i have a knoppies doringboom and want to know more about them how often i feed it,water it is it indoors or outdoors bonsaai etc it seems to be dying and i do not know what to doe pleas help is it a sesonal tree or what?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3091

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
Hi there,
I have never heard of a knoppies doringboom , and can't find anything on the internet......

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3093

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 2
:unsure: Did a little internet searching - little difficult to find this. Hope this is the right one. Most sites are in a foreign language.

Knoppiesdoring / Acacia Nigrescens / Knob Thorn

This a bit of information for now. I have linked the websites I found. I will see if I can find some more indepth info about growing requirements later.

Plantz Africa

Living Desert

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3094

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Can't really find a whole lot on this tree right now.

The Knobthorn Tree is indiginous to Africa. Requires direct sun and grows best in USDA zones 8-10.

Hopefully someone else with more resources and experience will be able to find something more now that they have the latin name Acacia Nigrescens

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3100

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hi Chrisscha! :cheer:

Welcome to the forum...so glad you could join us!

It would really help us to help you if you could share a few photos of your tree such as a photo of the whole tree, then say a close up of the leaves, bark and branches if possible. I've never heard of this one before either and I'm quite intrigued!

Aklister71 (aka: Angie) is our computer research guru so, if anyone can find it Angie probably can. ;)

It would be great if you could pop over to the "Bonsai Cafe" section of the forum, scroll down to and click on the "Introduce Yourself" topic and share a bit about yourself. Looking forward to seeing those photos! :)

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3101

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7
Hi Angie!

Wow! Those are a couple of great links! What a wonderful skill you have. Thanks so much for sharing! :cheer:

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3103

• joncoh101
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 3
I have a feeling she is Afrikaans? That name is Afrikaans so it makes sense that it is indiginous to a part of Africa. I really dont know much about that particular tree, however it would probably require the same as a normal Acacia such as well draining soil, lots of sun light but do not leave it in the sun all day, it will need to be in a place that it gets about 3 hours of sun and the rest of the day, shade. Water it when it needs to be watered at first by monitoring the soil moisture levels, after a while you will learn how often you need to water the tree because any tree is different because of the species and/ or the soil mixture! I have an Acacia that was very sick but i stuck to these guidelines and it has growing wild now! Goodluck!

Re: knoppiesdoringboom 12 years 3 months ago #3108

• aklister71
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
:P it is always a pleasure to put my skills to use and help ya'll. This is an excellent community. I look forward to being a permanent member, maybe meeting some of you if I ever get to a Bonsai Convention.

• Page: