Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

ID help 12 years 2 months ago #3912

• Marygc
  • Marygc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi my name is Mary and i'm currently living in Buenos AIres, I recently bought my first bonsai and i'm super excited about it! But the problem is there isnt a whole lot of specific informarion about my tree online (if it's even the species I think it is anyway) and all that was written on the bottom was "cipres plumoso" which would translate to feathery Cypress. When I tried to look this up at least ten different botanical names popped up, and I really don't know which it is, and the descriptions for their care are so different I don't want to pick the wrong one. I bought it and replanted it following the instructions I had been reading up on about the mix of akadama, sand and grit and bonsai specific organic compost and all that. Now It's sitting in the shade waiting for the day that I can start fertalizing and training it. Any help with its care and identification would be verrry appreciated! Thanks in advance, love the forum :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: ID help 12 years 2 months ago #3913

• Marygc
  • Marygc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
here are the photos

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Re: ID help 12 years 2 months ago #3914

• Pinkham
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 62
Hi Mary,
Welcome to the forum first of all.
Your pictures are very small. It is difficult so see detail.
Let your new tree settle in for a month or so,when you see new growth you can start to fertilize it.
If I were you I would treat it like a regular cypress until you know exactly what it is.
I tried to look it up as well and get "feathery cypress" and "feathery pine". Mis-labeled bonsai are every where.
Lance

• Page: