Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

white dots on my Fukien tea 11 years 3 months ago #7893

• danielvk
  • danielvk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
can anybody inform me what this diseas is my Carmona suffers from. The leaves are covered with white dots which in teh end teh leave turnns brown and dies off.
Any feedback is more than welcome.
Thanks

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

white dots on my Fukien tea 11 years 2 months ago #7902

• oneday21
  • Thanks received: 2
I believe that you have a parasite usually under the leaves they attach if you turn the leaf over you may see them use a jewelers loupe to magnify the remedy is a organic spray like ortho makes one or safer brand. if you dont want to use even organic type chemicals you can use misted water but dont do it in the summer outside the water droplets will burn the leaves like a magnifying glass on ants

white dots on my Fukien tea 11 years 2 months ago #7906

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
As far as I know -but I admit I do not own a carmona- the white spots are normal to the leaves of carmona. Something else may be pestering your plant if the leaves drop off. Maybe it would be good to show a pic of the plant, the soil and describe how you are taking care of it.

Oneday21: Waterdrops on leaves do NOT burn the leaves. This is a myth.

white dots on my Fukien tea 11 years 2 months ago #7914

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
i would agree with LB the spots look like barbs on the leaf and are too uniformly placed to be eggs ( i dont have one either so not 100% sure)

and yes water droplets can not burn leaves it is actually beneficial to mist leaves in strong sun which i was surprized to discover

white dots on my Fukien tea 11 years 2 months ago #7915

• oneday21
  • Thanks received: 2
correction humbly noted, keep learning poster.

white dots on my Fukien tea 11 years 2 months ago #7916

• danielvk
  • danielvk's Avatar Topic Author
Thanks all for your feedback.

I had Carmonas since 15 years when I was living in Belgium, and now that I live in Dubai I bought another one. The difference is that here I keep him outdoors, because aircon kills them. I have the tree since 2 years and it is now his second "winter". Outdoor we go as low as 19 degrees C at night. So far he did not suffer from the summer heat as I water him daily and vaporise the leaves morning and evening with water. The only pest he ever suffered from was in winter last year when he was infested with cochenils but I hate treating Carmonas with chemicals, they suffer allot from treatment, so my treatment which I applied now as well is to wash the leaves and twigs softely with mild soap diluted in water and scrub gently with a tooth brush, and then spray with water from below the tree. It seems this has halted the white spots on the new leaves. I will do some sampling of the soil and check under the microscope if there are any parasites.
On the water drops side of things we have temperatures over 50 degrees C in summer peaks and I vaporise every morning and evening. I do provide shade for all my bonsais in summer.
A happy New Year to you all,
Daniel

white dots on my Fukien tea 2 years 10 months ago #68947

• Fxbowman
I recently bought one and after a week noticed the white dots on the leaves.... I tried to clean these using fingers only. But I was sugfested to spray water mixed with soap, did this too. Waiting to see results

white dots on my Fukien tea 2 years 10 months ago #68948

• Fxbowman
This is a pic of the situation

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

white dots on my Fukien tea 2 years 10 months ago #68949

• Fxbowman
It has small dark-green leaves that are round and shiny with tiny white dots on top and covered with fine hairs on the bottom. Small white flowers can bloom year-round, and it produces tiny round green, red, or black berries.

• Page: