Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Sageretia beginner here 11 years 3 months ago #7897

• Stephen
  • Stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello, just bought a 3 year old Bonsai Sageretia. I am interested in doing my best to look after this tree and would appreciate the advice. Here is some info on the tree and how I take care of it so far.

Seeing as it is not feeding season for this species I just soak it in water for 10 to 15 minutes to allow it the water it wants and then I just let it drain afterwards. I am having trouble knowing when to water it but I usually water it every day in the evening? that ok? When the time comes for feeding I was going to use a british product known as ''chempak''. But how should I use this product?

As for pruning and the art of doing so, I would not have the slightest idea of the tools to buy for this tree and how to prune properly.

The climate this tree normally sits in would be a tropical one but apparently it can survive below freezing. However I am in Ireland at the moment and would of course keep it indoors and away from direct sunlight.

Anyone got any advice for me or an answer to some of my questions?

Thanks
Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sageretia beginner here 11 years 3 months ago #7908

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
watering everyday is a BIG NO NO!!! you have to let the soil dry out it will die quite quickly if you dont. you also need more light sun is best but cfl bulbs overhead will work ok . as for pruning its hard to know what you need without pics to see what you are dealing with

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: