Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Please help me ID my new tree 11 years 2 months ago #7909

• usuallyjustatshirt
  • usuallyjustatshirt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hello Bonsai Empire!

I wondered if someone would be so kind as to identify the species of my new tree and share any tips (optimal conditions / positioning etc). The insert that came with it said it was a Chinese Elm which I am pretty sure is wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Please help me ID my new tree 11 years 2 months ago #7911

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193
this looks to be a carmona (fukien tea)you need to add more soil to the pot by the looks of the last photo, small sized gravel will suffice to fill in the gaps for now.they also need good light,a sunny window or floresent lighting will be good. let the soil dry out a bit before watering and you should be good
The following user(s) said Thank You: usuallyjustatshirt

Please help me ID my new tree 11 years 2 months ago #7913

• usuallyjustatshirt
  • usuallyjustatshirt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Wow thanks for the quick response. It is potted rather strangely; a cheap plastic container inside a ceramic pot with no holes in the bottom and no tray/reservoir. I think the gaps you refer to are those between the plastic container and the pot. I wa planning on getting a new pot with a proper tray (the one you can see in the picture is just the plastic packaging) as it is hard to remove the plastic container to add water to the bottom of the pot as the instructions with it suggest. Does this sound like a good idea to do now or would it be better to wait until Spring? I am in the UK in case that makes any difference.

• Page: