Dots on ligustrum

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Dots on ligustrum was created by aglbs

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #13492
Hi, I got a new tree and i found those dots on that tree. What is this? Is it dangerous for a tree? How to get rid of them? :)
by aglbs

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Rendering Error in layout User/Profile: Class "KunenaFactory" not found. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Replied by bob on topic Dots on ligustrum

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #13494
I looked in a good book of mine and it looks like under or over watering. If the spots are crisp and brown then it is underwatering. If the spots are soft and dark brown then it is overwatering. So check you watering regime and make sure you water only when the soil STARTS to go dry. I may be wrong so wait for further posts. ;) .
Last Edit:9 years 5 months ago by bob
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by bob.

Dots on ligustrum - Bonsai forum

Bonsai forum

Replied by alainleon1983 on topic Dots on ligustrum

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #13495

aglbs wrote: Hi, I got a new tree and i found those dots on that tree. What is this? Is it dangerous for a tree? How to get rid of them? :)

Hi there, well I´m not sure you are having a serious problem with your tree just yet. Anyways, I´m leaving you here a post I´ve already posted before. It is linked to the most usual problems you can find on a tree that reflects on its leaves. Note, however, that this related to intrinsic feeding problems or the lack of nutrients, it does not comprise exterior causes like infections, bugs or fungal diseases. Hope it might help you.

Alain

alainleon1983 wrote: In order to try helping you with this problem I´m posting an image with the main/most usual problems that might occur to a tree´s leaves. The picture itself is written in Spanish, but I´m posting its translation here for you to understand it. Oh, the first 2 cases correspond to new leaves growth and the next 6 examples correspond to older or established leaves. (That is what the black line separates)

Hope this helps,

#1 Severe Nitrogen deficiency.
Small new leaves presenting a white/yellow coloration.

#2 Calcium deficiency
New pale and wrinkled growths (It could also be an overdose of potassium, magnesium)

#3 Iron Deficiency
Greenish nerves and old yellowish leaves

#4 Phosphate Deficiency (Phosphorus)
Older leaves presenting a yellow color with dark spots. The leaves die and fall rapidly (Note the similarity to early nitrogen deficiency)

#5 Magnesium Deficiency
Dark veins and old leaves with an extreme light green tint or shade

#6 Normal Leaf

#7 Early Signs of Nitrogen Deficiency.
Older leaves turn yellow, die and fall

#8 Potassium Deficiency
Very small holes with yellowish edges.

Last Edit:9 years 5 months ago by alainleon1983

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by alainleon1983.

Replied by leatherback on topic Dots on ligustrum

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #13498
to me it looks like early stages of a fungus infection. Cercospora Leaf Spot
by leatherback

Replied by aglbs on topic Dots on ligustrum

Posted 9 years 5 months ago #13502
Thank you for your answers. I am also thinking that it is fungus infection. Tomorow I will buy some fungocides and I will try to stop spreading this thing.

Besides, thank you alainleon1983 for lack of nutrients table. Its very usefull :)
by aglbs