Help, my Bonsai is dying!

• Oscar
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thanks received: 291

Help, my Bonsai is dying! was created by Oscar

Posted 9 years 1 week ago #15349
Inspired by an earlier topic on the forum, and the amount of times we get these kind of questions;
www.bonsaiempire.com/blog/revive-dying-bonsai

Please give me your feedback on it. Be harsh! It needs improvements, so help me :)
by Oscar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alainleon1983
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 185

Replied by alainleon1983 on topic Help, my Bonsai is dying!

Posted 9 years 1 week ago #15351

Oscar wrote: Please give me your feedback on it. Be harsh! It needs improvements, so help me :)

Hi Oscar,

Already read your first draft on the matter and I wanted to add my two cents. I think that a couple more of common beginner mistakes can be included. ;)

Mistake #5: Can´t resist the temptation of keep doing things to our trees (DON´T fiddle with our trees)... That is every week or month working impatiently and carelessly on our trees without providing them with the required and needed rest to build up their energy. Bonsai, needs time and patience... Doing it the wrong way might and will kill trees!

Mistake #6: This one I know it for own experience and is the fact the it is hard to believe in the beginner´s mind that soils mix don´t need to be (actually can´t be) fully organic. Deficient soils that won´t drain properly or won´t oxygenate plants accordingly, also will kill trees.

Ha... Hope I might have been of help... If something else comes to my mind be sure I´ll post it here again Oscar. :whistle:

Alain
Last Edit:9 years 1 week ago by alainleon1983
Last edit: 9 years 1 week ago by alainleon1983.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar

• Contrainer
  • Thanks received: 15

Replied by Contrainer on topic Help, my Bonsai is dying!

Posted 9 years 1 week ago #15357
Hey Oscar,

For Step 3 #1, perhaps could you tell us a little more explicit how man should water the plant, not how not to water it.
What should be checked on the tree when watering and how does one water thoroughly?

For step one, it is not good news to hear that others also screw it up. Certainly not to hear it's being screwed up to 75%..

Step two is called 'learn about the specific care for your bonsai'.
Nice title, but we expect you to tell us how we should take care of the friggin tree, not to hear more about identifying ;).

Mistake #2 is not really clear enough, we don't know yet where to put it. Is it in the shade, full sun, facing what direction?
Also, the 'putting an inside tree outside' is missing. For the peeps who do not live around the equator that is one very important part ;)

It would be great if you'd put some symptoms with the mistakes, that really clears stuff up!

I like the long term part, although it is too short and not in the right article. Vision would make a whole new article, for rescueing your bonsai it is not significant.

For the peeps that have risen to the next level of bonsai art this article makes kind of sense, but I can imagine it does not at all to a beginner/noob, it is all a little vague..

Please don't get me wrong, I think it is very nice of you to write an article on this!
Also, I'm not a pro, and it is not my intention to seem one, so if I do, my apologies!

Many thanks Oscar!
by Contrainer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oscar