• Page:

TOPIC:

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15567

• Enaisio
  • Enaisio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 67
Hello everyone, masters of the art and novices like me, I humbly ask your help in the identification of this tree and in advising me on what to do to save it if possible . I am new to this website and new to the ancient art of creating bonsai trees however in the last few weeks I have been studying hard, learning about plants in general and how they grow , live , feed ect. I have always felt in tight contact with nature and ive grown up studying arts, specializing in sculpture , so I am eager to unite both of these passions that I have developed growning up with by understanding , learning and , hopefully one day, mastering this remarkable discipline that sculpts the beauty of nature into art.However I made the mistake of underestimating the difficulty of creating bonsai and went ahead and attempted to create a few bonsai before studying the basics so by the rules of karma my bad decisions caused this trees damage or even death. So I send my apologies to mother nature and promise to learn from my mistakes .

Ps : sorry for the length of this post but it is my first so please take it as an introduction :) and if anybody has tips I will very much appreciate them and learn from them .
Thank you
Enaisio

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15569

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3654
Yup. it's dead

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15572

• Enaisio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
are you 100 percent sure because it still has a bit of green on it and in it , and could you also tell me what kind of tree it is because I bought it from a local supearket and it said it was an atlantic white cedar but I looked it up and it doesnt look like it do u have any idea ?

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15573

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1791

are you 100 percent sure because it still has a bit of green on it and in it , and could you also tell me what kind of tree it is because I bought it from a local supearket and it said it was an atlantic white cedar but I looked it up and it doesnt look like it do u have any idea ?

Yes, it is very much dead. Conifers can still show green parts after they are long gone.
It's almost impossible to see what type of plant this has been exactly, by the way, but I'm quite sure it wasn't a white cedar (Chamaecyparis thyoides).

Also:
If you are an artist and a sculptor, you know you need good material to work with.
You cannot make a sculpture from a twig. If you want to create bonsai, you will really need better material - or let it grow for many years.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Enaisio

Last edit: Post by Auk.

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15574

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Changed my mind... may have been this one, a variety with juvenile foliage:

www.bloomriver.com/home/br2/page_932_7/c...es_little_jamie.html
or this one:
davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/125702/

Last edit: Post by Auk.

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15575

• Enaisio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah its certainly the one in the second link thanks for youre help . Do you think it died because It was to young and I did to much work on it or could it have been something to do with the soil ?
Ps: the tree used to be the shape of a Christmas tree but the tip broke off thats why it was so small :(

id my tree thats probably dead lol 8 years 11 months ago #15576

• Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Do you think it died because It was to young and I did to much work on it

The most common cause of death is people buying bad material, often nothing more than young cuttings, that's are of the type 'sell it before it dies'.

I cannot know though what killed your mallsai.

• Page: