Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

2 year old Juniper Bonsai dilemma 7 years 10 months ago #22635

• Yvonne
  • Yvonne's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 0
Hi,

Since I was young I am fascinated by bonsais and now after years had passed I am willing to take a risk and finally do it. But my dilemma is I found the perfect bonsai which is the Juniper but I live in Canada... Where the temp drops -25 and under in winter.. I cannot put the Bonsai outside due to wild hares and I want it to be taken care of in my room. (My mother does not have any patience for plants). Please help me.. Can juniper survive in my room? I'll do whatever it take.. Thank you very much!!

Best regard:

y

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 year old Juniper Bonsai dilemma 7 years 10 months ago #22636

• eangola
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 82

Hi,

Since I was young I am fascinated by bonsais and now after years had passed I am willing to take a risk and finally do it. But my dilemma is I found the perfect bonsai which is the Juniper but I live in Canada... Where the temp drops -25 and under in winter.. I cannot put the Bonsai outside due to wild hares and I want it to be taken care of in my room. (My mother does not have any patience for plants). Please help me.. Can juniper survive in my room? I'll do whatever it take.. Thank you very much!!

Best regard:

y

Hi Yvonne. Junipers are my favorite trees. I live in Vermont, we have wild hares and similar temperatures. Junipers survive, as long as you protect them from wind, they are very hardy, specially varieties of chinensis. They can survive extreme temperatures when planted in ground. Junipers DO NOT survive indoors, no matter what you do. I mean there are ways, but it is too difficult, and even then I doubt it would be a healthy tree.

My Junipers have never been "attacked" by wild hares.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by eangola.
  • Page: