Bonsai forum

Chinese have more number of bonsai professionals

• sai
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

Chinese have more number of bonsai professionals was created by sai

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2585
If you follow the link and read you will know that there are millions working on bonsai in china. Every city has shops selling bonsai, pots, stones etc. Incredible ? www.rockymtnbonsai.org/Newsletters/NOV10.pdf
Last Edit:12 years 5 months ago by sai
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sai. Reason: link missed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• manofthetrees
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 193

Replied by manofthetrees on topic Re: Chinese have more number of bonsai professionals

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2595
thats amazing i would have never guessed...i by the way like the penjing(chinese) style of bonsai better than the japanese. i true japanese styled tree has a beutiful tree with a sterile landscape in the pot .this is why they have suieseki and inkabana to accent ( those are probubly spelled totaly wrong but you get the idea)
Last Edit:12 years 5 months ago by manofthetrees
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by manofthetrees.

• Youri1995
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 45

Replied by Youri1995 on topic Re: Chinese have more number of bonsai professionals

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2598
Yes, it's amazing isn't it? In Japan you have the city Omiya, also known as the 'bonsai city'. Almost are people living there are working with bonsai and there are a lot of bonsai nurseries. Certainly worth visiting if you want to go to Japan! It's one of my places on my holiday list I want to go there in the future :)
by Youri1995
The following user(s) said Thank You: keebod

• Leslie
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 7

Replied by Leslie on topic Re: Chinese have more number of bonsai professionals

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2604
Wow! That is amazing! :cheer: How wonderful it would be to just walk to a nearby shop or drive to the bonsai nursery in one's own city to pick up a new pot, some wire or a new plant. This past Friday I had to take a road trip of 1 and 1/2 hours to get to the nearest Bonsai shop...and I am not, by any means, a slow driver! :woohoo:

I too love the art of Penjing and am just beginning to study it. I would love to visit both China and Japan to see their bonsai. Thank you, Sai for sharing this wonderful link. ;)
by Leslie

• sai
  • Offline Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 1

Replied by sai on topic Re: Chinese have more number of bonsai professionals

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #2608
I like both chinese and japanese styles. But more interest in japanese styles. Thank you all for good responses!
by sai