• Page:

TOPIC: fly problem

fly problem 4 months 1 week ago #42350

has anyone had any fly problems. ive noticed every time i step outside to look at my trees a ton of flies are present on the leaves. some wont fly off till you actually move the leaves or hit them. they also leave behind a black dot which i believe is poop. the black dot easily wipes off but i dont know if its harmful to the trees. when i wipe off it doesn't leave any stains but im not sure if it would be harmful if left for a long period of time.

has anyone had this problem? does anyone know of anything i can do to control this?
  • crent89
  • crent89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 81

fly problem 4 months 1 week ago #42352

My guess is that you useorganic fertilizer, heaped on the soil. That attracts them
  • leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1629

fly problem 4 months 1 week ago #42356

Yup. Same here. Follow the flies to find my trees. They like the smell of the fertilizer.
  • Auk
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1230

fly problem 4 months 1 week ago #42358

leatherback wrote: My guess is that you useorganic fertilizer, heaped on the soil.

this year im trying something new. its Gro-Power tablets 12-8-8 NPK, 20% Humus, 4% Humic Acids, 3.5% Sulfur, 2% Iron, Micronutrients. I placed them in fertilizing baskets. but i seem to have always had this problem is why i switched to this fertilizer.
  • crent89
  • crent89's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thanks received: 81
  • Page: