• Page:

TOPIC:

Mealy bugs 5 years 8 months ago #42578

• leroycoutts
  • leroycoutts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 25
Mealy bugs on my Wrightia Riligiosa bonsai ... one branch has already died... tried getting ride of them several times.. they keep coming back... any solutions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mealy bugs 5 years 8 months ago #42579

• Felidae
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 236

Mealy bugs on my Wrightia Riligiosa bonsai ... one branch has already died... tried getting ride of them several times.. they keep coming back... any solutions?

I failed with the pyrethin containing bio product, but the systemic insecticide worked fine against mealy and scale. Don’t use while flowering to protect bees.

Mealy bugs 5 years 8 months ago #42598

• leatherback
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 3653
Have you applied it according to the instructions, with the prper repeat intervals? These come back because the eggs are not affected by insecticide, hence the repeat cycle. if you did do that properly, your plant in general is weak: Focus on giving the plant optimal care for health.
I add garlic powder to my post during the growing season (This weekend second application of the year) which makes plants less attractiveto them too.

Mealy bugs 5 years 8 months ago #42650

• leroycoutts
  • leroycoutts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thanks received: 25

Have you applied it according to the instructions, with the prper repeat intervals? These come back because the eggs are not affected by insecticide, hence the repeat cycle. if you did do that properly, your plant in general is weak: Focus on giving the plant optimal care for health.
I add garlic powder to my post during the growing season (This weekend second application of the year) which makes plants less attractiveto them too.

I guess i did, but the folllow-up wasnt as good. The rest of the tree looks pretty good to me. Just the one branch where i have this problem. Went out and got some organic pesticide.. will try applying the garlic powder as well. Thanks much.

• Page: