Bonsai forum

• Page:

TOPIC:

Prunus Mume (Japanese Apricot) leaf reddish spots 4 years 8 months ago #52179

• rubs
  • rubs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thanks received: 4
Hi, exactly 2 days ago I saw some red spots in my Mume, and I thought to spray some fungicide ( Compo Duaxo ) to prevent any possible plague, but today the tree is like this...

It's my first mume, this is the red flower that has the leaves with a lighter green, I know that they will wrinkle the leaves eventually but I don't know if this color is normal... I really doubt it.

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Prunus Mume (Japanese Apricot) leaf reddish spots 4 years 8 months ago #52182

• m5eaygeoff
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 855
What country are you in? The leaves should be green not dead. Do not spray until you know what may or may not be wrong. Are all the leaves dead?

Prunus Mume (Japanese Apricot) leaf reddish spots 4 years 8 months ago #52183

• rubs
They are not dead indeed... at least not yet they have simply changed from a bright color to that one you can see in the pictures, I'm from Spain (Madrid).

Prunus Mume (Japanese Apricot) leaf reddish spots 4 years 8 months ago #52201

• rubs
Today I went to the nursery where I bought the Mume and they told me that this colour could be caused by the change in sun exposure as they had the tree in a greenhouse and I put it outside so the tree is reacting like this...

I've exposed to full sun only for 3 hours from 11h to 13:30, and under a shade cover of 50% the rest of the day for the last 6 days. I don't know if this could be true.. it is my first Mume as I told before.

For people that may think I have no experience with trees and I spray things randomly, not willing to be rude but I have over 23 little trees growing and developing without problem, this one has being checked for moisture and acidity prior each watering because the akadama that it comes into is tottaly melted, so who know maybe it was me but I put enough care to avoid damaging the little tree.

Prunus Mume (Japanese Apricot) leaf reddish spots 4 years 8 months ago #52202

• Clicio
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thanks received: 1549

Today I went to the nursery where I bought the Mume and they told me that this colour could be caused by the change in sun exposure as they had the tree in a greenhouse and I put it outside so the tree is reacting like this....

I think this is one real possibility.
It never happened to mine, even in our tropical summers, but plants from greenhouses are always delicate.
I guess the leaves will fall eventually and the new ones will be green.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rubs

• Page: